Testing for Black Belt
We are excited to test students for black belt on November 13, 2020. This will include: Nidan, Shodan, Shodan-Ho. The process for Ichi Kyu students testing for Black Belt is as follows:
- The Prep Course Interview will take place during the student’s regular class time (In-Person or Zoom) on Monday 9/28 and Tuesday 9/29
- The Interview is required for all students wishing to attend the Prep Course.
- The Interview will include two of the black belt test kata and demonstration of important basics.
- It will be determined if the student displays enough proper technique to enter the Prep Course and work on Black Belt material for their upcoming test.
- Students will be able to sign up for their In-Person Prep Course classes after the interview.
- An “Exit Interview” will be held in person on Saturday, October 31st at 7am for both In-Person and Zoom students. Students will receive recommendation whether to proceed with testing or wait to test if they are not deemed ready.
- Students accepted into the Prep Course will attend specialized in-person training every Saturday (choose 7am or 8am) beginning October 3rd to prepare them to test for Black Belt. We are waiving the usual Prep Course fee of $199.
- The Black Belt test registration opens November 2nd. Students must register by this date. Mark your calendars!
- The Black Belt tests will be held In-Person on Friday, November 13th.
- Students who pass their test will receive their awards in a Drive Through Award ceremony at the Issaquah dojo on November 14th to celebrate this exciting accomplishment!
Ichi Kyu’s must have approval from Sensei Jackie, before registering to test.