Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located? Is your location secure?
We are close to Costco Corporate Headquarters in Issaquah. We are in a beautiful, 10,000 square foot facility on a fully gated, secure campus. Campers will be supervised by Camp Staff throughout their time at camp, and the gates can be closed to all traffic during outdoor activities. Every day, parents will need to sign-in and sign-out their child with the Camp Director or supervising Staff member.
My child has never taken a martial arts class before. Will they have fun at this camp?
Absolutely! This camp is designed to be the perfect place for all kids ages 6-11. No martial arts experience necessary! Kids will love the daily martial arts fitness classes incorporated into our exciting summer camp. Your child will build strength and coordination, and learn how to stay safe, avoid a fight, and deal with bullies appropriately. In addition, our camp will include a variety of the coolest games and activities. Check out our list of exciting weekly themes!
Are you offering any discounts?
Yes. We offer an early-registration discount: $50 off Full Day, $25 off Half Day by March 31st. Then, after March 31st, 10% per week off any multi-week OR multi-child registration. Sorry, no combining discounts.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you cancel before May 1st, then 50% refund. If you cancel after May 1st, then no refund.
What are your Before and After Care hours and rates?
- Before Care: 8-9am, $30/week
- After Care: 4-6pm, $60/week (includes snack)
Can you give me more details about your field trips? What weeks are you offering a field trip?
Our action-packed trips to Family Fun Center include 3 hours of unlimited bumper boats, mini golf and laser tag; (1) You Pick Attraction; (10) game tokens; and pizza lunch. The nominal fee of $35 includes chartered, door-to-door transportation from our Issaquah location to Family Fun Center. Fieldtrips are on Wednesdays, 9am-2pm, during Weeks 1, 3, 5, and 7. If your child does not wish to attend, they may stay on the Karate West campus with camp counselors and enjoy games and activities.
Will every week feature the same activities?
Our experienced Camp Staff will present a new camp theme each week that is sure to excite and delight your child. The featured weekly theme and corresponding life skills will ensure that new campers will have the time of their lives, while returning campers will always have exciting new things to learn and do to keep their interest fresh.
What should my child wear/bring to camp?
- A GREAT attitude!
- Clothing appropriate for both indoor AND outdoor play (layers are great for cooler days)
- Closed-toe running shoes with socks
- A water bottle clearly labeled with his/her full name
- Sunscreen—please apply at home and you may send extra for your child to apply (Camp Staff are not allowed to apply)
- A nutritious lunch and 2 healthy snacks
- Grade-appropriate school skills workbooks, worksheets, etc. for daily School Skills Tutoring time
- BYONT (Bring Your Own Nerf Toy) for the Nerf Arena. Campers without Nerf Toys from home will also be able to participate! Safety goggles and Streamline darts provided.
- BYOWT (Bring Your Own Water Toy), swimsuit and towel on Fun Fridays for the Water Works Carnival! (Weather-dependent)
School and Life Skills?
Since its inception in 1989, Karate West has specialized in training kids to be high-achievers in all areas of life—at home, at school, and wherever they go. We would like to extend that same focus to our Summer Camp kids through our work with our weekly life skills. Our goal is to offer a summer camp experience that will effect positive changes in our campers long after summer is over.
Get more details about our weekly themes.