Join the most popular martial arts program available for kids. Enrolling your child could be one of the best decisions for their future.
Our Go X-Treme Summer Camp is rated 5 stars by both kids and parents! Get $50 off each week when you register between Feb 1-28.
Karate West Supports Local PTA’s! 100% of the proceeds from our “Parents’ Night Out” events are donated to participating PTA’s.
In our Teen & Adult program, you will experience self-defense and exercise designed to benefit all areas of your life.
About Karate West
Karate West Training Centers are owned by Randy Holeman and Jan Stockton. Their first full-time training center opened in Issaquah in 1989. It had been their goal to build a martial arts school that offered not only an effective self-defense program for children and adults, but also a comprehensive program of personal growth and development. It would be the emphasis on teaching the life skills of leadership, integrity, goal setting, self-discipline and academic excellence, to name a few, that would cause the community to respond.
Outgrowing the original Issaquah facility, Karate West relocated to East Lake Sammamish in 1995 and quickly became one of the largest martial arts school in the country. A satellite school was opened on the South end of Mercer Island in August 2007. In 2014, Karate West expanded again relocating to 5828 221st Place SE in Issaquah which is now one of the largest and most up to date training facility in the country with over 9,000 square feet of expanded training floors and state of the art training equipment. Learn more
News & Upcoming Events
- The next Parents’ Night Out is March 10th!
- Testing Dates:
- Tiny Tigers Awards - week of March 4th
- Little Dragons - Friday February 24th
- Main Tests - Wednesday March 1st & Thursday March 2nd
- Sho Dan Credentialing & Black Belt Test - Friday March 3rd
- Black Belt Awards - Saturday March 4th @Noon
- Saturday March 18th - 40th Anniversary Yakima Valley Karate Tournament
- Yakima School of Karate
- Tournament Registration
- Friday March 17th: Tournament Sparring Seminar from 6:00 to 7:30pm with 7th Dan Shihan James Penor. Basics of stick and knife- fighting Seminar from 7:30 to 9:00pm with Master Myrlino Hufana.
- Saturday March 18th: The 3rd Seminar is Saturday from 8:00 to 9:30 am, offered by Shihan Dale Beck teaching a special pure Okinowan bo kata.
Ready to get started?
The Introductory Special is a great way to introduce you to our school. You will have the opportunity to meet the instructors and try out our classes at no obligation to enroll.