Join the most popular martial arts program available for kids. Enrolling your child could be one of the best decisions for their future.
Our Go X-Treme Summer Camp is rated 5 stars by both kids and parents! Registration information for 2018 coming soon - don’t wait to register and join the fun.
Karate West Supports Local PTA’s! 100% of the proceeds from our “Parents’ Night Out” events are donated to participating PTA’s.
In our Teen & Adult program, you will experience self-defense and exercise designed to benefit all areas of your life.
News & Upcoming Events
- Belt testing time is coming up! Registration is available online. Scroll down to the gray boxes and choose Issaquah or Mercer Island to be directed to the appropriate registration page.
- The Jared Thomas Memorial Shudokan Tournament is October 21st in Yakima. Tournament registration forms are available at the front desk. Join us for some friendly competition. We will also be celebrating and honoring the life of Hanshi Mack. This tournament is always a fundraiser for the Shudokan Collage Scholarship fund. Stop by the front desk to buy a raffle ticket for some great prizes.
- Have some spooky fun at the Halloween Party on October 29th for our younger members and their families. Please bring canned goods to donate to the Issaquah Food Bank.
- Academic All Star 2017 - Teachers and Parents love this program. Students learn great study habits.
- In honor of Hanshi Mack, The Mayor of the city of Yakima, Kathy Coffey, is officially proclaimed Tuesday, September 19, 2017, Hanshi Morris Mack Day. To see replays of the meeting on the City’s Video on Demand server, click on the following link - http://220.127.116.11/CablecastPublicSite/?channel=2 - enter “Yakima City Council” in the search box, and select the video from the September 19th meeting. Yakima Herald Article
- Issaquah Roadwork Map – There will be ongoing construction from March 2017 - end of 2018. Please use the information in these links to plan your drive time accordingly.
GRAB OUR AWESOME WEB SPECIAL
*For a limited time * New Members only
Get One Week of Classes FREE!
About Karate West
Karate West Training Centers are owned by Randy Holeman and Jan Stockton. Their first full-time training center opened in Issaquah in 1989. It had been their goal to build a martial arts school that offered not only an effective self-defense program for children and adults, but also a comprehensive program of personal growth and development. It would be the emphasis on teaching the life skills of leadership, integrity, goal setting, self-discipline and academic excellence, to name a few, that would cause the community to respond.
Outgrowing the original Issaquah facility, Karate West relocated to East Lake Sammamish in 1995 and quickly became one of the largest martial arts school in the country. A satellite school was opened on the South end of Mercer Island in August 2007. In 2014, Karate West expanded again relocating to 5828 221st Place SE in Issaquah which is now one of the largest and most up to date training facility in the country with over 9,000 square feet of expanded training floors and state of the art training equipment. Learn more